Rich Harley - Sonora, California
2004 (Age 52) - 1st real car is a 1953CE
- 1969 (Age 17) - 1st car was a used 1964 white Mercury Monterey convertible with red interior, not a Corvette.
- 1970 (Age 18) - 1st muscle car was a 1968 Mercury Cyclone GT. At the price of gas I didn't keep it long.
- 1972 (Age 20) - 1st new car was a 1972 Toyota Celica that I ended up driving 165,000 miles.
- 1986 (Age 34) - 1st luxury car was a 1986 Cadillac Deville. I had to have a sunroof specially installed.
- 1990 (Age 38) - 1st truck was a 1990 Chevy Stepside.
- 1994 (Age 42) - 1st boat was a 19' Mastercraft. Of course all of these are naturally convertible.
- 1994 (Age 42) - 1st SUV was a 1994 Chevy Tahoe (to pull the boat).
I had been considering buying a new Cadillac XLR. However, near the end of February 2004, Stu Brokowsky #58 received his CE and invited me to come and see it. I drove down and immediately fell in love with the car. All thoughts of a new Cadillac convertible were completely forgotten. Within a few days, I found a donor car and signed a contract with Steve at AAT to build one for me. The wait was six very long months but well worth it. I received my car on Labor Day - what a holiday! Exactly one year to the day after seeing Stu's #58, I returned with my car and we took several of these pictures (the Silver CE is Stu's).